As Mac & Jac's Director of Visual Merchandising from 2007 to 2011, Mark oversaw the following ares:
- Collaborated with design director and founder, Lani Karls, to conceptualize and communicate the brand’s image across all showrooms, shop-in-shop programs, tradeshow installations, and outlet stores
- In-house stylist for all ad campaigns and fashion shows; collaborated with creative director, Jocelyn Fortier
- Designed seasonal visual installations for each showroom, specific to each brand’s identity
- Coordinated licensees to ensure a consistent brand image and standards for all products and showrooms
- Supervised all public relations efforts for all press opportunities, brand launches, and in-store events
- Supervised and trained all Retail Coordinators
Originally started as a line for 30-50 somethings, Mac & Jac stood for timeless yet fun sense of elegance for nearly 20 years before its recent shift to target a more contemporary market. The creators of the brand, Eric and Lani Karls, also brought the Kensie and Kensie Girl brands to life. They named the brand after their daughters Mackenzie and Jacqui, who are now in their mid-20s.